Interjections are the words that suddenly uttered at the time of excessive emotions. These emotions may be of joy, sorrow or wonder etc. Injections are; hurrah, ah, oh, wow, alas, oops, etc. After interjection the sign of exclamation is always used.
- Hurrah! I won the match. (Joy)
- Oh! I missed the point. (Sorrow)
- Oops! You dropped it. (Sorrow)
- Alas! We lost him. (Sorrow)
- Ah! What a nice shirt. (Wonder)
To express wonder, sorrow and joy the words other than interjections may be used too.
- What! Are you sure. (Sorrow)
- No! What are you saying (sorrow)
Emotions may be expressed even without interjections. In this case sing of exclamation is used at the end of sentence.
- What the hell are you talking about!
- What a nice thing is that!
- That’s wonderful!