Future Continuous Tense
Future Continuous is used to express the in progress verbal action in the future time.
Forms of verb
Present Participle form which is also called the form with -ing is used in Future Continuous Tense. Since the Present Participle form show the verbal action in progress. That’s why it is used with Continuous tenses.
- Present Participle, 4th form of –ing (with all subjects)
There are two auxiliaries (helping verbs) used in the Future Continuous Tense. With different subjects different auxiliaries are used. Details are as under.
- Shall be (with I, we)
- Will be (with you, they, he, she, it and singular noun and plural noun)
When a sentence is converted into negative then not is used with the auxiliaries. Below are some examples to make you understand.
- Shall not be
- Will not be
While making interrogative the auxiliaries are used at the beginning of sentence.
- Shall / will is used at the beginning of the sentence.
Examples of shall be
- I shall be working. (Positive sentence)
- After the whole night’s job we shall not be feeling well. (Negative sentence)
- Shall I be doing it properly? (Interrogative sentence)
Examples of Will be
- They will be doing well in exam. (Positive sentence)
- We will not be complaining about it anymore. (Negative sentence)
- Will they be writing a short story in the test? (Interrogative sentence)