Future Indefinite Tense
Future Indefinite is the tense that indicates the verbal action to take place in the future time.
Forms of verb
Present form which is also called the 1st form is used in Future Indefinite Tense. Since the Present form show the verbal action to take place with respect to time, not manner. That’s why it is used with the indefinite tenses.
- 1st form (with all subjects)
There are two auxiliaries (helping verbs) used in the Future Indefinite Tense. With different subjects different auxiliaries are used. Details are as under.
- Shall (with I, we)
- Will (with he, she, it, you, they, plural nouns and singular noun)
When a sentence is converted into negative then not is used with the auxiliaries. Below are some examples to make you understand.
- Will not
- Shall not
While making interrogative the auxiliaries are used at the beginning of sentence.
- Will / shall are used at the beginning of the sentence.
Examples of Shall
- I shall work hard. (Positive sentence)
- We shall not make noise. (Negative sentence)
- Shall we eat rice in supper? (Interrogative sentence)
Examples of Will
- They will manage a job for you. (Positive sentence)
- You will not work with us. (Negative sentence)
- Will they cry for help? (Interrogative sentence)